Best dog chew toys. Dogs have an instinct to chew and nibble at things.
Your shoes, pillows, and other objects around the house may very well become the target if you don’t satisfy this desire to chew.
This is where chew toys come into the picture. Chew toys come in a variety of shapes and sizes and are made with different types of materials.
They help to keep your dog occupied and active.
Great chew toys also promote good dental health as they help dogs exercise their teeth.
In this article, we review some of the top options to consider if you are looking for the best dog chew toys.
Best dog chew toys: Amazon Best Sellers
If you’re in a hurry, take a look at these Amazon Best Sellers. Otherwise keep reading!
- New Design: the newly designed corn zigzag-shaped molars can be brushed to pet dog's calculus both horizontally and vertically.
- Effectively Clean Dog Teeth: Our dog chew toothbrush toys according to the features of dog's teeth, the novel designed molar protrusions are zigzag and arranged horizontally and vertically, which can...
- Squeaky Dog Toys: this product has a sound function, when the dog bites the toy, the toy will make a sound to attract the dog's attention, increase the dog's interest in playing with this product.
- REAL FISH FLAVOR – Inspired by the protein of the sea, the Fishbone is flavored with real Jack Salmon, so your dog will go nuts for the smell of it. The nice thing is, you won’t notice.
- DURABLE, LONG-LASTING – Super chewer? Bring it on. Benebones are tougher than real bones and last for weeks.
- USA MADE – We make and source everything in the USA.
- multifunction christmas pet molar bite toy cleaning teeth safe elasticity soft for dog puppy rope toys toothbrush chew tooth dental care stick durable natural rubber chewing ring interactive small...
- christmas pets 2 5 bags dog waste are kids too ear cleaner anti itch spray premium pet solution chew calming bites dental dogs toys for aggressive chewers small boredom squeakers without stuffing no...
- christmas 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 12 13 20 22 24 25 30 dog toys for rope toy dogs puppy kong large calming ball chew bed stuffed balls aggressive chewers duck pool pet puzzle food smart anxiety squirrel aid...
Best dog chew toys: Brief Reviews
- TEXTURED RING SHAPE – Unique shape with enticing textures is easy to hold and satisfies dogs natural urge to chew
- MADE OF DURABLE NYLON – Long lasting dog chew toy challenges even the most aggressive chewers and discourages destructive chewing
- MADE IN THE USA – Dog chew toy is proudly made in the United States
Get your pooch away from your shoes and other objects with the Nylabone Durachew.
This is a tough and highly durable toy guaranteed to last your dog for a long time.
The Nylabone DuraChew is a ring-shaped textured and flavored chew toy for dogs.
It is a perfect way to keep your pooch busy.
One of the most unique features of this dog chew toy is the fact that it is built to last even for the most aggressive chewers.
You will also love the fact that DuraChew has a textured surface that is designed to rub plaque off the teeth as your dog chews.
Thus, in addition to keeping your dog occupied this toy also promotes good dental hygiene.
Also, the fact that this is a tough toy means frequently chewing this toy makes the teeth and jaws stronger.
The toy is tough and strong but is still safe for your dog.
If your pooch is an aggressive chewer then this is the best dog chew to get for her.
It lasts longer than other chew toys in the market.
It is made from durable nylon guaranteed to provide long-lasting enjoyment and healthy chewing habit.
This is a large-sized toy which makes it perfect for large dogs.
It comes in either chicken or beef flavors which is great encouragement four your furry buddy
Due to the toughness of this toy, it is not an ideal chew toy for dogs that don’t have strong teeth.
Otherwise, she might break her teeth from chewing this toy.
- It is tough and long-lasting even for aggressive chewers
- Perfect for large dogs
- Textured chew toy
- This is a thick toy. Some mutts might find it hard to bite on.
- DURABLE, LONG-LASTING – Super chewer? Bring it on. Benebones are tougher than real bones and last for weeks.
- REAL BACON! – We use only 100% REAL BACON for flavor. Trust us, dogs can tell the difference.
- EASY TO PICK UP AND CHEW – The Wishbone is curved for a paw-friendly grip so your pup can quickly grab it and get a good chew going. Think about it: dogs don’t have thumbs.
Benebone is dedicated to providing dogs everywhere with a bone that helps to bring their ancestral hunting instincts.
This bacon-flavored chew toy helps to revive your dog’s love for gnawing bone and it is flavored to keep your dog attached for a long time.
This chew toy is made from durable nylon material and has been infused with food-grade bacon flavor that dogs are likely to love.
This is a sturdy and safe toy that is most suitable for dogs below 70 pounds weight which makes it just the right size for most dog breeds.
It comes in three different size options so you can choose the right size for your dog.
The wishbone has a curved shape.
This provides a paw-friendly grip that makes it for your pooch to grab and hold on to the toy to get a good chew going.
The Benebone Wishbone chew toy isn’t made from the ground-up material that easily breaks when chewed.
Rather, it is made from tough plastic material that is both strong and safe.
It is has a subtle natural flavor.
This dog chew is totally safe for dogs and long-lasting as well.
Only food-grade ingredients are used to make this toy to give it a scent and flavor that your pooch will find irresistible.
This toy also has a pronged design which makes it fit safely into the dog’s mouth.
Although this is a fairly tough chew toy, it may not hold up for quite long especially if your dog is an aggressive chewer.
Some users claim their toy was able to chew through this toy a bit earlier than expected.
In fairness, there is no chew toy that lasts forever.
A balance of quality, durability, and safety is what you need.
- The ergonomic design makes it easy for your pooch to get a good grip.
- It has deep grooves packed with bacon flavor.
- Made from strong but safe.
- This chew toy does not last very long
- DURABLE DOG BONES FOR AGGRESSIVE CHEWERS: If your pampered pooch is an aggressive chewer, then you’ll love the durable shapeand bouncy, floatable material of the West Paw Zogoflex Hurley Dog Bone...
- DOG BONE FOR WATER OR LAND: This durable dog bone chew toy is floatable and perfect for playing catch or fetch while in the water or on land.
- SAFE ALTERNATIVE TO WOOD STICKS: It’s natural for dogs to want to carry wood sticks around the yard, but this dog bone chew toy is a safer alternative for pups and senior dogs who love to gnaw.
West Paw is a well-known company with an impressive reputation for creating some of the most durable dog toys that are perfect for heavy chewers.
Zogoflex Hurley is another excellent product from this company.
This brightly colored toy is a perfect play toy for your pooch.
This chew toy has a Classic bone shape that dogs instinctively love.
It comes in three different size options which makes it easy to find one that is perfectly sized for your pooch.
There are small, medium, and large sizes which means you can easily find a match for your dog based on her size or breed.
This chew toy is made from special Zogoflex material which is not only durable but is quite bouncy as well.
This chew toy also floats in water.
The material is FDA compliant and is also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
A major reason you are likely to love this toy is the fact that it is quite safe for your pooch.
It is made from a material that is safe for all dogs.
It is made from BPA-free material which is non-toxic and safe even if your dog is an aggressive chewer.
Add that to the fact that this toy can be easily washed and cleaned up means this is one of the safest toys you can get for your dog.
Some user reports that larger dogs like Pitbulls can chew through this toy easily.
The fact that it is not flavored also means that dogs tend to get bored with this toy quite easily.
- It is easy to clean
- Made from non-toxic material
- The toy can stretch without losing its structure
- Can be recycled
- It is not flavored
Best dog chew toys: Buyers Guide
A chewing toy is a perfect way to re-direct your dog’s chewing instinct.
However, you have to carefully choose the most appropriate chewing toy for your dog.
There are different types of chewing toys which is why you need to understand the pros and cons of the different options available and how to choose the right one.
Here are some major considerations to choose the right toy.
Natural vs. Synthetic chew toys:
Generally, chew toys can be either natural or synthetic.
Synthetic toys are made from plastic and rubber materials and come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Natural chews include bully sticks, pig ears, antlers, hooves, and so on. Synthetic chew toys tend to be cheaper than natural ones.
They are also cleaner with no grease or bad odor.
However, since they are synthetic, dogs are not as much of a fan of them as they are of natural toys.
Also, there may be concerns about the additives in plastic and how they may be harmful to pets.
The bottom line is that while natural toys seem to be what dogs would naturally want to go for, a good quality plastic toy is a reasonable alternative too.
Natural chews may carry biological contamination which may be harmful to pets.
Which is why synthetic products are more commonly recommended.
You simply have to focus on trying to find a safe product for your pet.
Good chew toys are made from durable materials and are expected to be safe for your pooch as well.
If you have a large dog with strong jaws, consider getting a toy made of natural hard rubber as these types of toys are stretchable and tough.
Stuffed toys don’t make the best chew toys especially if your dog is an aggressive chewer.
She will get through the toy in no time and may swallow the stuffing resulting in a choking hazard or stomach obstruction.
Choosing the size that matches your dog is one of the most vital considerations for choosing a chew toy.
This shouldn’t be a problem since most chew toys come in different size ranges.
Before you make a purchase, be sure to check the size guide chart provided by the manufacturer.
Your dog will struggle with a toy that is too large and one that is too tiny is a choking risk.
Chew Resistant Technology:
You want a chew toy that lasts as long as possible which is why buying a chewing resistant toy is a great idea.
Chew toys need to built to take the heavy chewing that they will most definitely be subjected to.
If you don’t want to end up buying a new chew toy every time, then finding a durable toy is super important.
Be sure to read the label on your dog chew toy to see what it is made from.
Your dog is most likely going to chew through the toy eventually and bits of the material will get into her mouth.
So take your time to learn about the safety regulations and toxicity information of the material the toy is made from.
FAQs about dog chew toys
What are The Benefits of Chew Toys for Dogs?
Chewing toys also helps to reduce restlessness, separation anxiety, and excessive digging among other habits.
Can I give my dog raw bone as a chew toy?
However, this is not a recommended practice as raw bones can be unhealthy and probably dangerous for dogs as it can cause conditions like vomiting and different types of gastrointestinal problems.
Chewing raw bone can also cause a choking hazard and can be fatal.
Can puppies and older dogs play with chew toys?
However, there are products manufactured specifically for puppies.
Older dogs may also have trouble chewing regular toys and this may cause their weaker teeth to break.
What size chew should I give my dog?
Typically, manufacturers provide sizing charts on their website or the product page.
Best dog chew toys: Our final recommendation
Putting all of this vital information together, you should be able to make your pick of the best chew toy for your beloved pooch.
Our top pick is the Benebone Real Bacon Durable Wishbone Dog Chew.
It has a curved, paw-friendly shape that makes it quite easy to grip and it is flavored so your dog will find the smell and taste quite inviting.
However, all the products in this review are good quality chew toys. The most important thing is to find a toy that is the best fit for your dog.
Last Updated on December 30, 2020 by Emmanuel Pery
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.