As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on January 14, 2021 by Ian Foster
If you’re using an LG flatscreen TV, one of the things you’d have noticed is that the sound output quality isn’t really impressive.
No, that’s not LG’s fault. In fact, it’s a problem with every virtually all flatscreen TVs.
And that’s because their flat panel design doesn’t give room for robust and better-sounding speakers.
So, to get enhanced sound quality from your LG TV, you’d have to invest in a good soundbar.
While soundbars are generally made for sound output enhancement, not all models on the market work well with LG TVs.
And finding the best soundbar for LG TV can be really challenging since there’s no way you can test out different models.
But here’s good news: We’ve got you covered! We scoured the market and checked several soundbar models for compatibility with LG TVs.
And we got feedback from other users of LG TVs as well. Based on our research, here are the five best soundbars for LG TVs.
- Best Soundbar For LG TV: Amazon Best Sellers
- Our Top 5 Best Soundbars For LG TV!
- 1. LG 2.1ch Sound Bar 100W Wired Subwoofer, SH2 (Renewed)
- 2. Samsung HW-M360/ZA 2.1 Channel 200 Watt Wireless Audio Soundbar
- 3. VIZIO 2017 32 Inch 5.1 Sound Bar, Speakers, Subwoofer (Renewed)
- 4. Yamaha YAS-108 Sound Bar with Built-in Subwoofers & Bluetooth
- 5. Samsung 3.0 Sound+ Premium Soundbar HW-MS650/ZA with Built-In
- Best Soundbar For LG TV On Amazon!
Best Soundbar For LG TV: Amazon Best Sellers
If you’re in a hurry, take a look at these Amazon Best Sellers. Otherwise keep reading!
- 3.1 ch High Resolution Audio 420 Watt Sound Bar
- GX Series OLED Gallery TV Matching (1.2" Thickness)
- Dolby Atmos with DTS:X Sound
- REAL 4K DISPLAY: Enjoy 4K resolution for your 4K movies and shows. It's clarity in every moment, with pristine color, light and detail.
- QUAD CORE PROCESSOR 4K: Instant and intelligent. Our Quad Core Processor paints images, action, and color in the best possible light from source to screen.
- webOS AND MAGIC REMOTE: LG's fan-favorite webOS platform makes it surprisingly fast and easy to stream movies and shows with your favorite apps and find new obsessions based on what you like. While...
- 3.1.2 Channel 440W – Immerse yourself in dimensional surround sound with 3.1.2 channels, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
- Dolby Atmos - Originally created for the cinema, Dolby Atmos pairs with up-firing height channels so you hear every note, every sound and every word in stunning clarity
- DTS:X - DTS:X envelops you in multidimensional sound. With up-firing height channels, it places sound where it would occur naturally in space for more lifelike audio.
Our Top 5 Best Soundbars For LG TV!
LG 2.1 Sound bar combines performance and convenience which harmonizes with the stylish design to make for a great choice.
Slim and discreet, the LG 2.1 Sound bar doesn’t impose itself much on your living area as it can fit underneath almost any TV without impinging on the screen.
It has a beautiful and stylish finish as well as elegantly rounded corners that give it some genuine classy look.
The subwoofer is equally elegant and is a square box you probably won’t want in front of your TV – behind a sofa or under a sideboard should do.
It connects to the best soundbar for LG TV wirelessly, so the only cable is the AC power cord.
As far as connections go, you will get optical input, 3.5mm jack, and a USB port while the Bluetooth capability allows you to easily stream content from your smartphone or other compatible mobile devices.
You can also control the soundbar’s basic functions using the TV remote.
Adaptive Sound Control is an innovative technology that identifies what’s playing and automatically adjusts the sound mode to create an ideal experience.
With this feature, you don’t have to choose a suitable mode every time as the technology can adjust to a range of profiles like action movies, dramas, sports, and nightly news.
Additionally, you don’t need a wireless connection to use the best soundbar for LG TV as you can link it to your LG HDTV wirelessly to reduce the clutter behind and beneath your television.
Performance: one of the best sound bar for LG TV
Setup the entire system and you will right away notice how lively and incredible it sounds.
It responds devotedly to the sound source it’s fed, meaning it adjusts to what’s showing on the screen to deliver an immersive sound.
When used for movies, the sound fills the room as you can hear objects crossing from left to right and vice versa as they travel above the action.
Similarly, the bass production for music is impressive as there are very few instances of distortion.
- Light speakers with great functionality
- Stylish and compact design
- Easy to setup
- Features Bluetooth connectivity
- No 4K pass-through
- Only 100 watts of power
- Adaptive Sound Control identifies and adjusts sound mode for the ideal audio experience
- Wireless stream music from smartphone or other compatible devices via Bluetooth technology
- Optical, portable, and USB inputs
It offers a lot of technology for money and makes for a complete solution as it comes with a powerful subwoofer, giving you everything needed to upgrade your TV experience.
The Samsung HW-M360 Sound bar looks very modern and minimalistic yet exudes a feeling of quality that’s common to products from the manufacturer.
It has rectangular sculpting which blends finely with the brushed finish on the top and the industrial-style grille over the speakers.
With a height of 78mm, this best soundbar for LG TV is quite tall for most TVs and might obscure the bottom of the TV but it’s only appropriate that Samsung includes a wall mounting kit.
On the right side, you will get four buttons for volume up and down, source, and power on/off.
Flip the soundbar to the rear and you will find all the ports you need including a 4K-capable HDMI loop-through system, optical and auxiliary audio inputs, an output for adding an optional subwoofer.
It also has Bluetooth and WiFi wireless streaming.
While most soundbars can be used in a wired mode, there’s an option for using without cables – streaming from Bluetooth devices as well as through Samsung’s multi-room app.
The app works with services like Spotify, Deezer, Tidal, Amazon Music, TuneIn, and Pandora.
It also comes with the Samsung One Remote Control with which you can use on other products from the brand.
Additionally, the Samsung HW-M360 Sound bar ships with a Dolby Digital 5.1 decoder onboard which down-converts multi-channel inputs to 3.0 speaker configuration.
If you’re tired of distortions, you will surely appreciate some innovative non-linear control and distortion-canceling technology.
It delivers a clear sound that’s hard to get on other one-body soundbars on the market – it’s really that good.
When you use it for movie playback, it delivers an incredible soundtrack which gets better when you select the Surround mode, making it easy to distinguish human voices without diminishing special effects or the bass levels.
Similarly, the performance with music is also exceptional as you will get details that you could otherwise have missed when you use a speaker. Definitely one of the best soundbar for LG TV.
- Fantastically powerful sound
- Physics-defying bass handling
- Supports lots of sources
- The slightly limited stereo effect
- A little too tall
- No Dolby Atmos support
- Enjoy a dynamic home Audio experience with 2.1 Channel surround sound.
- Feel the action of your favorite movies, shows, and sports with dynamic, powerful bass.
- Connect wirelessly for one-touch control of your soundbar from Bluetooth-compatible devices.
Whether your intention is to use it for movies, music, or games, this soundbar is a ridiculously good choice for the money.
What you will find when you unbox the Vizio 5.1 Sound bar is a soundbar with a minimalistic design that blends in with any room of your home.
The best soundbar for LG TV has a svelte build, measuring 36 inches wide and just two inches tall which makes it one of the smallest soundbars out there.
In effect, its height should keep it from intruding into the screen space of most smart TVs.
It comes with two powerful full-range speakers to boost the sound quality and is covered with black mesh while the sides are made of metal.
At top of the soundbar are buttons for volume up & down, power off/on, and Bluetooth while the connection offerings include an optical audio input, a 3.5mm aux input, and a USB input.
As you’d notice, it has no input for 4K HDR pass-through, unlike its rivals.
It also ships with a remote, a wall mounting kit, and all the cables you need for easy setup from start to finish.
For its price, the Vizio 5.1 Sound bar packs a host of features that’d thrill anyone.
One of them is the in-built Bluetooth and Chromecast for audio which allows you to stream music wirelessly via your smartphone or tablet from a range of streaming services.
Although it has only two built-in channels, the inclusion of DTS Virtual:X audio processing to deliver virtual overhead sound for an immersive sound experience.
It also has Dolby Audio for rich, clear, and powerful audio.
Another thing to note is that this model doesn’t come with a separate subwoofer.
The audio production of this best soundbar for LG TV sets it apart from the rest as it delivers up to 97dB of room-filling, crystal clear sound with less than 1% total harmonic distortion.
You also will get a good amount of bass and depth that makes you forget it doesn’t have a separate subwoofer.
All details sound from both movies and music are easy to pick as the bar delivers a wide and tall soundstage.
Overall, the sound quality is an attestation to why this brand has remained a favorite for many.
- Has Dolby Audio
- Comes with DTS Virtual:X
- No HDMI
- No WiFi
- 32-inch 5.1-channel sound bar, fills room with crystal-clear audio
- 2 satellite speakers and 1 subwoofer add to soundscape
- Captures up to 98 decibels with less than 1-percent total harmonic distortion
Having made everything from grand pianos to jet skis for over 50 years, you can be sure you’re buying quality.
What’s more, it comes with inbuilt subwoofers to deliver additional bass without taking up more room.
The Yamaha YAS-108 Sound bar is essentially the same in size as its predecessor but with rounded edges.
The case is enclosed in black mesh but just slim enough to sit in front of your TV without being obtrusive.
Additionally, the product doesn’t come with a separate subwoofer as it comes with two 3-inch subwoofers into the unit to deliver additional bass.
YAS-108’s HDMI connection ticks all the boxes supporting AC, 4K Ultra HD and HDR pass-through, and HDCP 2.2 Optical (Toslink) alongside audio inputs.
At the bottom are a couple of capacitive touch buttons and a series of green LED indicator lights.
It also comes with a wall-mounting kit and a built-in gyroscope to optimize the sound for whichever orientation you choose.
The package also comes with a remote that provides plenty of controls like others on the market.
Although the Yamaha YAS-108 Sound bar has its own remote control, you can still control its volume and other basic functions directly through your TV remote.
Its Bluetooth connectivity is also powerful as it can seamlessly switch between two devices without annoying wait time.
You can also connect it to your Amazon Echo so you can use Alexa to stream music and podcasts to the Yamaha YAS-108 Sound bar.
The best soundbar for LG TV is also equipped with DTS Virtual which delivers a full, three-dimensional surround sound experience
Something the Yamaha YAS-108 Sound bar excels at that other brands of soundbars does not is the brilliant sound quality in the mid to upper-frequency ranges.
The bass is powerful and the treble is clear enough to provide an immersive listening.
It also shines with movies as the transparent voice mode makes the dialogue delivery and narration crystal clear.
There’s very little room for customization as you can only switch to the bass extension mode to bump up bass levels or make do with the vice mode.
Either way, you will get an enveloping sound experience.
- Full sound from a compact form
- Sharp treble and good bass
- HDMI and 4K pass-through
- Fair price point
- Can connect to two Bluetooth devices simultaneously
- No app support yet
- Lackluster setup experience
- Built in subwoofers for deep bass in 1 slim sound bar
- Clear voice for enhanced dialogue clarity. Bluetooth maximum communication Range 33 feet; (without obstructions)
- DTS Virtual: X Virtual 3D surround sound; Standby Power Consumption 0.4W (HDMI CEC standby off), 1.2W (HDMI CEC standby on)
It is slim, discreet, and packs a variety of features to guarantee great sound delivery.
As expected, the M550 isn’t glamorous like many other soundbars since it has to be unobtrusive and discreet but it is well built.
Its build quality gives it incredible versatility when it comes to locations for placing the device.
With a brushed metallic finish on the top edge, the Samsung 3.0 Sound+ soundbar looks stylish while the grille looks crisp.
The best soundbar for LG TV is also slim enough to fit below a TV without drawing attention away from the TV.
At the back of the soundbar are the connections which include a handy power loop through, an optical digital audio input, a 3.5mm auxiliary input, an HDMI loop-through, and a USB port.
There’s no second HDMI input like you’d get on some other models.
It also ships standard with a separate subwoofer and a remote.
One of the first things you’d notice when you fire up the Samsung 3.0 Sound+ soundbar is the inbuilt display which reads “hello” across the screen.
It might be a simple touch but it’s a nice one nonetheless.
Its connectivity options include WiFi and Bluetooth streaming so you can play stuff stored on a network or Bluetooth devices.
One of the drawbacks is that the best soundbar for LG TV has no 4K HDR pass video from a 4K Blu-ray player without losing some quality.
Samsung also included a technology they created called “Surround Sound Expansion” which adds depth and delivers a more realistic and immersive audio experience.
There are only two words to describe the overall performance: impressive and powerful!
It creates a strong sense of height and width to the soundstage while also delivering minute details in the sound mix.
The bass response creates a response that you’d seldom get on a compact box while mids are well defined.
The little problem with the best soundbar for LG TV is that the dialogue can sound awkward at times even though it’s usually presented in a reasonably rounded tone.
- Superb build quality
- Very loud soundstage
- Richly detailed sound
- Good range of features and connections
- Bass can sound awkward
- No 4K/HDR pass-through
- HOME THEATER SOUND: 9 speakers with dedicated amps let you experience rich, room-filling home theater sound from a one-piece soundbar without the need for a separate subwoofer
- WIDE-RANGE TWEETER: Hear consistently great sound anywhere in the room with tweeters that cover a much wider frequency range
- ALEXA VOICE CONTROL: Enjoy your soundbar hands-free using Alexa voice control by simply saying the song title or a few lines of the lyrics (Alexa device sold separately)
Best Soundbar For LG TV On Amazon!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.