As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on January 15, 2021 by Ian Foster
Having a massive TV in your large living room is just one step towards setting up an immersive home entertainment system.
Since modern-day TVs don’t come with robust speakers, you’ll need to look to other sources for excellent sound output.
And that’s where a good soundbar comes in.
While most soundbars available on the market promise to deliver top-quality audio output, not all of them are suitable for large rooms.
So, if your room is on the wide side, your best bet is a soundbar with a solid subwoofer, multiple speakers, and other features that drive audio output to every corner of your spacious room.
In this post, we’d be revealing some of the best soundbars for large rooms — carefully handpicked by our research team after several hours of research and comparing several models based on soundstage, features, performance, buyer reviews, brand trust, and other important factors.
Now, let’s cut right to the chase and find your best soundbar for large room!
- Best Soundbar For Large Room: Amazon Best Sellers
- Our Top 7 Best Soundbars For Large Room
- 1. Bose 767520-1100 SoundTouch 300 Soundbar - Best soundbar for high ceilings
- 2. LG SL5Y 2.1 Channel High Resolution Sound Bar - Best soundbars for large rooms
- 3. Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar - Best soundbar for large living room
- 4. JBL Bar 5.1 - Channel 4K Ultra HD Soundbar
- 5. Klipsch Reference RSB-6 Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer
- 6. Samsung 2.1 Channel 200 Watt Sound Bar
- 7. Sony S100F 2.0ch Soundbar with Bass Reflex Speaker - Best sound bar for high ceilings
- Best Soundbar For Large Room On Amazon!
Best Soundbar For Large Room: Amazon Best Sellers
If you’re in a hurry, take a look at these Amazon Best Sellers. Otherwise keep reading!
- Transform your living room into a premium cinema within minutes. Experience deep, room-filling bass with the industry’s only Dual Wireless Subwoofers and True 360° 7.2 channel surround sound with...
- Our DUAL 8" WIRELESS SUBWOOFERS (industry's first!) produce ground-shaking rumbles that you will hear and feel from anywhere in your living room. They merge to distribute adrenaline-pumping bass...
- TWO 2-WAY REAR SPEAKERS (industry’s first!) produce spacious and dynamic surround sound. Each of them (connected to sub via RCA wires) is constructed with a tweeter that reproduces high frequencies...
- ENTERPRISE READY: Enterprise grade 4K ULTRA HD conference camera designed for business grade video meetings in huddle rooms and small conference rooms. The VB342+ uses high quality Sony sensors and...
- 120°SUPER WIDE ANGLE, NO DISTORTION: The VB342+ has the widest possible field of view with zero distortion. Perfect for the growing huddle room environments where attendees are closer to the lens but...
- SMARTFRAME TECHNOLOGY: Automatically frame people based on facial recognition and optimize color and light for human faces with a single click.
- DOLBY ATMOS AND DTS: X: Capture every sound above and around you with Dolby Atmos and DTS: X
- Q-SYMPHONY: Syncs your Q-Series Soundbar speakers with your Samsung QLED TV speakers for the most immersive sound
- TRUE 3.1.2 SOUND: With 3 channels, 1 subwoofer channel, and 2 up-firing channels, you gain sound that commands your attention
Our Top 7 Best Soundbars For Large Room
It’s only been a few years since Bose SoundTouch was first launched but a lot of innovations have happened in its home audio products.
To meet the demand for trendy features and the overall need of its customers, Bose has released the SoundTouch 300 and the company claims it offers “the best performance spaciousness and bass of any one-piece soundbar of its size.”
Although Bose has always given their soundbars a beautiful design, the SoundTouch300 sports an attractive look, which is unsurprising since it is a flagship from the company.
Its body features a tempered black glass top plate and a slim-factor despite its width of 978mm that is complemented by a perforated wrap-around aluminum grille on the front.
To keep things extra simple, Bose ditched the idea of positioning controls on the unit as well as the display.
What you get is a number of small LEDs indicating the status of the best soundbar for large room, but these indicator lights are quite small.
The connections are housed in two recessed areas on the underside of the bar comprising HDMI with ARC (Audio Return Channel), plus HDMI loop-through, optical digital audio input, Ethernet, Acoustimass jack, Adaptiq microphone input, and micro USB connection. Both HDMI ports support 4K/60p and HDCP 2.2.
There are also wireless connections with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with Near Field Communication (NFC).
Also in the package is a rather bulky remote that is universal, meaning you can use it to control other devices like your TV, PVR, and Blu-ray player.
The SoundTouch300 has most of the features you’d expect from a soundbar in its price category.
For starters, you can control the best soundbar for large room using the Bose app as well as set it up as an Amazon Alexa skill, allowing for voice control.
It employs the use of AdaptIQ, a technology that adjusts the soundbar’s output to your large room’s dead areas as well as reflective surfaces.
One of the exciting features on the SoundTouch300 is it is a music system that enables you to stream from services including Spotify, Pandora, and pretty much other services without any quality loss.
Furthermore, the bar comes with 6 presets into which you can store tracks, albums, and radio stations so you can quickly access your favorite content.
The bar is also equipped with QuietPort, a technology that ensures deep, clean bass and keeps distortion at bay.
Once you get through the setup, you will realize that the SoundTouch 300 is a terrific performer as it gives you a lot to like.
For starters, it is capable of volume that can have your neighbors knocking at your door in no time while also delivering an extremely wide and atmospheric soundscape.
When you consider the fact that the soundbar doesn’t have an external subwoofer, you will agree that the sound equipment is worth its price.
As per sound quality, the best soundbar for large room generates impressive bass but not with absolute depth.
Nonetheless, you will still get composed and cohesive sounds that are enough to satisfy, whether you use it for movies or music playback.
- The wide, articulate sonic presentation
- 4K pass-through with HDCP 2.2
- Gorgeous design and build quality
- Great app user experience
- Setup is slightly complicated
- Bass lacks absolute depth
- No Dolby Atmos
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- HDMI connectivity with 4K pass through brings your music, movies and TV shows to life. Supported audio formats : Dolby Digital, DTS
- Premium glass and metal grille make the soundbar look as good as it sounds. Video source compatibility: HDMI and 4K pass through
It doesn’t just offer a great sound quality but also simplicity and ease of use.
The first thing that will surprise you is the small size of this soundbar, but don’t let it fool you – it knocks out big sounds.
It has a modern aesthetic that fits perfectly with your home theatre and interior design, whether is it mounted or not.
The top and bottom of the SL5Y 2.1 are wrapped in a mesh that has a black matte finish while the metallic grille runs around the sides.
Buttons for controls are located on the right side of the bar and they are for power on/off, volume control, and F buttons for a variety of functions.
Because it is quite slim, you can hide the best soundbar for large room under your TV and make people wonder where the sound is actually coming from.
On the right side of the bar are the touch buttons for power, volume, and input selector.
For connection, you get HDMI input, optical input, 3.5mm jack, USB input, and Bluetooth.
The subwoofer is made of wood with the port on the recessed area and fabric on the front.
The soundbar comes equipped with the Adaptive Sound Control technology, which analyses the input audio and adjusts the sound accordingly for the best audio result.
It also supports the DTS Virtual:X, a technology that creates the illusion of sounds from positions that there are no physical speakers.
LG also included its mobile app as one of the ways you can control the bar and you can switch in between sounds so you can get a great user experience.
The SL5Y 2.1 is indeed a stunning piece of technology that lives up to expectations.
The manufacturer claims that it delivers a sound output that comes really close to the real thing, and it appears the claim is true.
You don’t even need to change sound presets each time you change the channel as the best soundbar for large room can automatically adjust the sound to suit what you’re watching.
With this sound gear, your movie nights are about to get more captivating due to the dramatic sounds and voice clarity it offers.
- Easy setup
- Excellent price
- Mid-range not very punchy
- No surround depth from the main unit
- Speakers require long wires
- 2. 1 channel with 400W total power
- DTS virtual: x sound
- High resolution audio (24bit/96kHz)
Polk Audio has long been a brand associated with quality and durable home audio products which are a combination of premium and budget-friendly sound equipment.
The Polk Audio Signa 2 is one of the newest releases from the brand to replace the old Signa S2, adding functionality and improved sound, all at an affordable price.
At first glance, you might struggle to differentiate the Signa S2 from the Signa 1 as the soundbar sports the same great design as its predecessor.
You will notice the appearance of the soundbar was not given high priority as the design is relatively simple, a decision that might have been made to keep costs down.
The body is completely made of plastic with a glossy finish to give it a premium feel.
With dimensions measuring 6 x 80 x 8cm, the Polk Audio Signa 2 should fit beneath your TV without obscuring the IR remote sensor.
It also comes with a keyhole hanger that allows you to wall-mount it with screws.
Like its main unit, nothing seems to have changed on its wireless subwoofer except the HDMI ARC connection and Bluetooth.
On the rear, you will find ports for optical, HDMI ARC, and a jack for auxiliary output.
There’s nothing on the front face of the bar except its logo and LED display to provide an idea of the inputs being used.
Setting up the soundbar is quite straightforward and only takes a few minutes – just unpack, connect, and listen!
Unlike other soundbars, the Polk Audio Signa 2 comes with only two modes for music and movie.
When you select any of the modes, the EQ settings of the soundbar change to provide better acoustic results in each situation.
There is also a Night mode so you can enjoy your late-night shows and movies without disturbing anyone.
When selected, it lowers the bass and boosts dialogue without altering the volume.
The best soundbar for large room also comes with Polk Adjust Technology to customize voice levels and reproduce crisp dialogue so you never miss a single word of your favorite movie, TV show, or sporting event.
Although there’s no app for control, the bar is HDMI-CEC enabled so you can use your TV to control the soundbar.
The Polk Audio lives to expectation as it offers an excellent sound that’s on par with any mid-to-high range soundbars available on the market.
It delivers an incredible, room-filling home theatre experience such that you can feel the deep bass impact immerse your room.
Also, Polk Audio Signa 2 has one of the best frequency ranges of bass you can find in its price category.
Going further, the best soundbar for large room comes with a feature called Polk Adjust Technology to customize the voice levels in order to reproduce clear, crisp dialogue so you don’t have to ever miss a word of your favorite movie, TV show, or sporting event.
The sound quality is a fine example of great value for money as it surprisingly delivers rich and bass tones despite its size.
Overall, the sound output is incredible while the clarity is nothing short of excellent.
- Good front soundstage
- Solid bass performance
- Very easy to setup
- Great price
- No surround depth
- Audio adjustments are limited
- Average remote
- Limited features
- A PREMIUM ULTRA-SLIM SOUND BAR WITH INCLUDED WIRELESS SUBWOOFER – 5 powerful full-range drivers deliver BEAUTFUL RICH SOUND WITH DEEP BASS. POLK’S EXCLUSIVE VOICE ADJUST TECHNOLOGY & Dolby Digital...
- Excellent sound and value on par with any mid- to high-range sound bars available in the market. At just over 2" tall, it fits most spaces — easily wall-mount it or place in front of your TV. It...
- UPGRADE YOUR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE – Watch your favorite shows on your 4K HD Smart TV with exceptional picture quality & crystal clear sound. With numerous connection possibilities, plug in any...
The JBL Bar 5.1 sports an elegant design, superb sound quality, and tons of features, a combination that makes it one of the biggest and boldest sound gears from the brand.
It comes in smart design and powerful sound output to make your movie night perfect.
The design of the JBL Bar 5.1 might elicit mixed reactions from users, depending on how you see it.
You might either think the bar is cheap-looking because of its plastic design or think it is elegant.
Away from the subjective perceptions and you will get curved edges rounding off a sleek, profile with the main body wrapped in drilled mesh.
On top of the bar are controls for power, volume, and source selection.
The sub is pretty large and heavy, which implies that it can produce deep and low bass with a matte black finish.
The connection options are located on the recessed area of the best soundbar for large room and they include three HDMI ports, one USB, one UAX, and one optical port.
However, accessing them is not straightforward since you will need to bend the cables to fit into the small sliding slots.
The remote that comes with the package is light and looks cheap but it’s a good thing that the buttons are kept at a minimum.
JBL claims that the unique selling point of the Bar 5.1 is its ability to transform from a 2.1 to a 5.1 sound system.
And true to its pitch, the Bar 5.1 works in a brilliant way.
You also get a 10-hour battery life when the speakers are detached from the main unit, a capacity that should be enough to power the device so you can enjoy two or three movies.
Pop them back into the best soundbar for large room and they charge automatically.
Another notable feature is the SoundShift that allows you to play music from any device or from any of the inputs simultaneously, so you can swap backward and forwards between a wired and Bluetooth connection.
Starting with the SoundShift mode, its performance is a little redundant as the intelligent switching between devices as it sometimes takes a few moments for the switching to occur after you press the button on the remote.
Nonetheless, the sound output of the bar is really impressive, especially its wireless surround sound capabilities. It can also get incredibly loud, thanks to its 510W of power.
It works well for music, delivering loud, clear, and bassy musical production.
But if you want to get the best out of it, test its capabilities with movies and you will get subtle bass to make the movie feel dramatic while the dialogues and whispers are crystal clear without sacrificing other sound effects.
- Easy to set up and use
- Attractive design
- Strong powerful bass
- Multi-beam audio
- Wireless battery-powered speakers
- Lack of EQ settings
- Lacks quiet listening performance
- The intelligent switching isn’t smooth
- The JBL bar 5. 1 transforms from a soundboard into a true wireless 5. 1 home theater system for an epic Movie and music–listening experience
- The sound bar features two detachable battery–powered wireless surround speakers with 10–hours of playtime, 510W of total system power, a 10 inch wireless subwoofer, three HDMI inputs to connect...
- With Dolby digital, Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS, your movies, music and video games will never sound more incredible
Klipsch might be the relatively new kid on the block but the company has quickly grown to earn a reputation where high-performing sound systems are concerned.
The Klipsch R-4B II is one of the latest releases from the brand, and it takes into consideration the suggestions and complaints of customers who used their previous soundbars.
The Klipsch R-4B II comes in a simple, elegant yet lightweight design that won’t draw attention away from your TV.
Measuring 3.5 inches tall, this is not the soundbar you want to keep underneath your TV so it doesn’t block the IT remote sensor on your TV.
The soundbar is accompanied by a subwoofer constructed from wood with an attractive brushed vinyl.
The buttons for control are positioned at the front of the bar and are for volume, power, mute, and source selection.
On the back of the soundbar, you will get a sparse set of inputs including an analog 3.5mm audio jack, HDMI (with support for HDCP 2.2, and all the latest video resolutions.
There’s also a Bluetooth connection that allows you to stream music from your mobile device to the soundbar.
Also in the box is a remote control, with an upgraded design that makes navigating sound options easier than it was on its predecessor.
Among the features of the R-4B II is Dolby Digital Decoding, which allows you to hear every moment of what is being shown on your TV as though you were right there in the movie or studio.
You will also get a number of modes to customize your listening experiences.
One such mode is the Voice Enhance mode, which gives priority to human voices over the background noises.
There’s also the Night Mode, which lowers the sound effects of the content on your TV while maintaining the volume for dialogue.
The Klipsch R-4B II produces incredible, life-like acoustics that will improve your TV experience.
Its Dolby surround setting offers a wide soundstage that is evident by the detailed, room-shaking sound it delivers.
When it comes to movies, you will get distinct sounds that capture the background details and dialogue in spite of the noise.
Similarly, its audio output has a precision that unearths the finest details of minute effects, making it crystal clear in a way that makes you appreciate music.
In all, the sonic performance is top-notch for its category.
- Great sound quality
- Great build quality
- Minimalist design
- Decent sound output
- Automatically-connecting wireless subwoofer
- The sound gets harsh when too loud
- Features count is low
- The Bluetooth’s range is only 15-20ft
- 4K Ultra-HD video pass-through
- Super easy to set up
- Featuring Klipsch Tractrix horns for detailed, impactful sound
Samsung’s HW-Q70R is the latest addition to the Q series, a range of soundbars designed to complement the brand’s QLED TVs.
In this instance, the HW-Q70R was released as a perfect match for Samsung’s Q70R QLED TV, offering rich, detailed, and immersive sound.
With eight custom-designed drivers, a dedicated wireless subwoofer, and tons of features, the Samsung’s HW-Q70R is a great choice for users who want a piece of technology that brings movies to life.
Sporting an appearance that isn’t too different from the Q60R, the HW-Q70R has an all-metal speaker grille around the main bar, which measures 1,100 x 1000 x 59mm (WDH).
The metal grille and the weight of the bar give off a premium feel, and the overall construction is robust and feels very solid.
Look at the right side of the sound equipment and you will find the usual three-letter scrolling display that lights up to indicate the status of the bar.
Right beside it is the set of buttons for basic controls such as power, input selection, and volume.
The back of the bar is largely plain with the exception of the connections options which include optical digital audio input, an HDMI input, and an HDMI output with ARC that supports HDR, 4K pass-through, HDCP 2.2, and other dynamic range formats.
There’s also Bluetooth and Wi-Fi with which you can stream music to the bar from your mobile devices.
It comes with an elegant remote so you can tweak the Samsung’s HW-Q70R from any part of your room.
Like its other soundbars, you can interact with Samsung’s HW-Q70R via its SmartThing App, which works with Amazon’s Alexa and offers access to Spotify Connect.
Furthermore, the bar uses Acoustic Beam Technology to direct sounds to the side and up towards the ceiling so users can get a more immersive sonic experience.
Supported by a wireless subwoofer with a 9-inch bass driver and rear port, you can expect to experience “room-shaking” sounds whenever you fire up the bar.
Even more, the bar comes preset with four modes namely Standard, Surround, Game Pro, and Adaptive Sound.
The Standard mode is ideal for listening to music unadulterated while the Surround mode expands the soundstage for movies without sounding gimmicky.
The Game mode draws you into the full experience of the game while the Adaptive mode adjusts the soundbar’s output in accordance with what’s on the screen.
Given that the best soundbar for large room was made at Samsung’s audio lab and then the sound was tuned and optimized by Harman Kardon, it is little surprise that the HW-Q70R puts up a strong performance.
It delivers a big and robust soundstage with a sound reproduction that’s exceptionally detailed and clear.
The sound output for movie playback is superb as the bar does a nice job of putting you in the action, with clattering debris particles sounding distinct but not too harsh, plus a deep bass layered beneath.
The performance isn’t any different for games as it delivers sounds to make you feel like you’re in the world of the game.
Overall, the best soundbar for large room is ideal for those who want clear, impactful sounds without having to deal with a load of extra cables and wires.
- Big, immersive soundstage
- Great with movies and games
- Solid build
- Simple to set up
- Well-integrated subwoofer
- Limited connections
- Only one HDMI input
- Doesn’t play surround content
- Wireless Active Subwoofer - Wireless active subwoofer enhances your TV experience and provides thundering bass when you're watching your favorite movies and shows. Adds powerful bass from anywhere in...
- Bluetooth Wireless - Supports Bluetooth wireless streaming from connected mobile devices
- Sound Share - Sound Share eliminates the need for a wired connection between your TV and audio bar. Plug the main bar and the subwoofer into AC power and follow the directions to wirelessly connect...
The Sony HT-X9000F was one of the several soundbars released by Sony in 2018 and it is particularly targeted at those who prefer a budget-friendly soundbar.
The HT-X9000F is a truly affordable product and it is Dolby Atmos-enabled to deliver true surround sound.
The HT-X9000F is a 2.1 channels soundbar, meaning the main unit comes with two front channels in addition to the subwoofer that connects to the main unit wirelessly.
It maintains a sleek and stylish design known with products made by Sony, with the main unit sporting a trapezoidal style that’s pleasing to the eyes.
Although the main unit is made from plastic, it feels well designed and constructed.
The device is quite bulky since its dimensions are 15 x 7.5 x 15 inches but this shouldn’t be a problem as you can mount it to the wall if you don’t want it beneath your TV.
As far as connectivity goes, the inputs are basic and are all grouped together in a special inset.
You get a single HDMI output socket (comes with a short HDMI cable, 4K:60p-rated), an optical audio input, a 3.5mm stereo analog jack, and a USB port.
Positioned on top of the best soundbar for large room are the control buttons with five LED indicators for TV, HDMI, Bluetooth, Analogue, and USB.
The biggest selling point of the HT-X9000F is the Vertical Surround Engine that Sony claims help the soundbar to create a true surrounding environment.
This makes it possible to enjoy Dolby Atmos and DTS:X mixes from the two speakers of the bar. It also comes with five key preset modes namely cinema mode, news mode, sports mode, games mode, and music mode.
The modes are to produce sounds optimized for your media experiences.
As expected, the sound quality is superb with no distortions even at max volume. The HT-9000F provides strong bass reproductions that will give you incredible depth and mesmerizing soundscapes.
The best soundbar for large room easily compares with Sony’s Flagship, the HT-Z9F, due to its excellent sound quality even though their virtual surround sound capabilities are not the same.
But don’t be disappointed if the volume levels are not as high as you’d want since there are only two small oval speakers doing all the work.
Nevertheless, the sound is quite loud enough to fill a large living room.
- Decent sound
- Easy setup
- On-screen menu
- Excellent value for money
- Compatibility issues
- Doesn’t support all types of USB devices
- Can’t create a multi-room wireless connection
- Straight from the theater to your home: easy set-up, built-in tweeter, 2-ch speaker with simple Bluetooth connection
- Deep sound with Bass Reflex speaker
- High power with a slim design that matches any room and is perfect for small living spaces
Best Soundbar For Large Room On Amazon!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.