As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re a side sleeper who weighs anything more than 200 pounds, your best bet is a mattress that would support your spine and relieve pressure on your shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the mattress should be strong enough to support your weight for many years down the line.
Now, choosing the best mattress for heavy people that ticks all the boxes for overweight side sleepers can be somewhat tricky — especially since you have to consider factors such as support, edge support, thickness, firmness level, temperature regulation, material quality, and so on.
Best Mattress For Heavy People: Amazon Best Sellers
If you’re in a hurry, take a look at these Amazon Best Sellers. Otherwise keep reading!
My Top 6 Best Mattresses For Heavy People
Many overweight people have excessive saggy issues with memory foam as this makes the sleep surface become uneven, leading to aches and pains.
The 12-inch Chime Express Memory Foam Mattress is a notable exception as it contains layers of foam to provide strong support and relieve the pressure with its ultra-plush sense.
This helps it provide superb firmness so you can get a good night’s rest. The mattress comes rolled and compressed in a box for your convenience.
Speaking of the ultra-plush sense, the mattress is made of over 680 individual power and gel-memory-foam points packed and wrapped with a coil for superior support, along with an organic cotton cover.
These materials allow the mattresses to sleep noticeably cooler than the layers found in many other all-foam beds.
Then there’s the hypoallergenic material that keeps the pollen, dust mites, and pet dander away, making it the perfect option for individuals who suffer from allergies while the support foam core reduces motion transfer for peaceful, undisturbed sleep.
Another noteworthy characteristic is its breathability and coolness which helps regulate body temperature by encouraging airflow and heat dissipation.
Going further, the Chime Express Memory Foam Mattress delivers a combination of bounce and firmness.
It deals with the saggy issues via strong coils which provides structural integrity and adds responsiveness to the bed.
People who are overweight don’t have to worry about sinking too far into their mattresses and developing pains on their shoulders or hips as the Chime Express Memory Foam Mattress comes with a firm and stable surface with just enough softness to achieve overall comfort.
Overall, the 12-inch Chime Express Memory Foam Mattress is an excellent choice for those who wake up feeling hurt from the firmness of their mattress.
This best mattress for heavy people is sure to make you sleep comfortably by holding your position nicely and giving out heat while also guaranteeing a long, useful life. It’s comfortable, supportive, body-hugging and responsive for all kinds of sleepers, especially heavier individuals.
- Ideal for all types of sleepers
- Affordable price point
- Can be too firm for some individuals
- Doesn’t come in the box on wheels as advertised
- Queen size bed in a box: For deep sleep you've always dreamed of, this body contouring memory foam mattress delivers; 12" mattress comes compressed and rolled in a box for your convenience
- Sleep soundly: Designed with layers of memory foam for firm support and pressure relief, all with an ultra plush feel. The support foam core reduces motion transfer for peaceful, undisturbed sleep
- Maintenance free: Made of hypoallergenic material to keep out dust mites, pollen, mold and pet dander—perfect for kids or adults who suffer from allergies
The Best Price Mattress comes equipped with several features that make for a great choice for those who are heavy and sleep on their sides.
One of the most significant features is the Pressure Relieving System which anyone will notice as soon as they lie down on the mattress.
The system helps your weight spread evenly across the mattress so you can relax and have a good night’s sleep which in turn will improve your mood and help you perform better during the day.
When you lie down on the mattress, the foam will react to the temperature of your body and begin to contour to your shape so that your weight is evenly distributed and you can feel like you’re floating on a cloud.
This eliminates the need for tossing, turning, and other forms of restlessness when you’re trying to sleep.
Most overweight people have issues with their shoulders and hips and this is another way the Pressure Relieving System helps to prevent sore shoulders and hips.
Another area of concern for heavy people is the recovery time of foams, as most mattresses have a slow recovery time, leading to permanent sinkage over a short period.
No one wants a mattress that isn’t resilient and this factor was also taken into consideration.
The Best Price Mattress 12 Inch Memory Foam Mattress is usually firm and might even start off a bit firmer than you expect but its reaction to your body will soften it till it is ideal for your weight and sleeping position per time.
The mattress is Certi-Pur US certified, meaning it has undergone rigorous testing in the laboratory to make sure it meets strict guidelines and standards for content, emissions, and durability.
In simpler words, the Best Price Mattress 12 Inch Memory Foam Mattress s dust mite and allergen resistant as well as free of ozone depleters, CFCs, and latex so you don’t have to worry about harmful gassing.
It comes with a 10-year warranty as proof that the mattress is durable and of high quality.
There are three layers in all with the bottom layer being the thickest and hard to sleep on while the middle layer is extremely soft to help effectively distribute your weight.
The top layer was designed to adapt your individual form while the cover offers a comfortable sleeping surface.
In all, this best mattress for heavy people is going to change the way you sleep and make you look forward to sleeping instead of dreading it.
- Affordable price point
- Provides support whatever position you sleep in
- Certi-Pur certified (free of harmful chemicals)
- 10-year warranty
- Might cause itching and cough if the protective cover is removed
- Tendency to overheat
- Float on a cloud in amazing comfort with body-conforming memory foam and ventilated pressure relief foam
- Temperature-reactive memory foam. In normal temperatures it is somewhat firm, but as you lay down, it reacts to the temperature of your body and begins to mold itself to your shape.
- Weight is evenly distributed along the surface, relieving pressure points and helping you to sleep deeper without tossing and turning!
The Classic Brands Cool Gel 2.0 Ultimate Gel Memory Foam is an improvement on the 1.0 version, striking an impressive balance between its medium firmness, the gel foam’s capabilities, and the soft feel of its outside cover.
The mattress is CertiPur-US certified which means it’s made without ozone depleters, PBDE flame retardants, mercury, lead, and other heavy materials.
Being a gel memory foam means it can support every part of the body individually and evenly.
Regarding the feel and firmness, this best mattress for heavy people is quite soft and comfortable for people who are heavy, eliminating the possibility of stiffness and aches.
If you’re used to turning and tossing due to the hardness of beds, this version is the right choice for both back and side sleepers.
Although it comes with the familiar “new memory foam” smell, it becomes free of it after a few days of being aired out.
You can even make the smell go away faster by keeping it in a well-ventilated room without covers for 48 hours.
In terms of heat regulation, the mattress does it best but it leaves room for much to be desired. It can get very hot if you use more blankets while sleeping on it as the mattress is usually warm.
This particular feature isn’t a cause for alarm, except if you’re sensitive to heat and strictly looking to buy a cool mattress.
It also comes with other features that are common to other mattresses on the market like motion isolation, meaning couples who have difficulties staying asleep due to tossing can try out this bed.
The warranty stated on Amazon is 10 years, and the mattress ships compressed, so the box will be able to fit through narrow hallways and staircases.
You will also get a bonus shredded memory foam pillow with a plush down-like feel.
- More resilient foam to prevent tossing and turning
- Cool gel regulates temperature
- Reduces pressure points between shoulders, neck, and back
- Resistant to allergens, mold, bacteria, and dust mites
- Complimentary pillows with purchase
- Slight off-gassing like most memory foam mattresses
- Edges are not strong
- Sinks and doesn’t recover fast
- 76" W x 80" L x 14" H
- Premium pressure-relieving memory foam and high-density aerated cool gel memory foam are combined together to provide the essential support and comfort for a deeper night's sleep
- Beautifully tailored and detailed with a stretch knit fabric cover with waterfall edge and matching knit side panels
Olee mattresses are widely loved for their super-affordability, yet impressive performance.
The Olee Sleep Galaxy Hybrid mattress is a combination of memory foam and traditional springs to give a soft touch as well as support for aching backs, shoulders, and hips.
It allows for a comfortable sleep by making sure that you don’t sink into it, thanks to the 7.5 inches layer coils beneath which provide pressure upwards on the foam on top.
Furthermore, the coils eliminate motion disturbance so that even if your partner moves throughout the night, you will never know they’re there.
The presence of the springs indicates that the mattress comes with a bounce feature for romance which should last for a couple of years.
Another feature worth mentioning is the Eco-friendly Gel Cool, a 1-inch layer that helps regulate the coolness of your mattress.
As you probably know, we sleep better in lower temperatures and this is what the feature aims to provide for those who live in hot climes or who produce a lot of heat can buy.
There’s also the 1.5 inches of memory foam that is designed to provide a comfy feeling immediately you lie down on it.
The foam conforms to your body and evenly disperses your weight over the whole mattress.
If you’re suffering from aching joints, this best mattress for heavy people is a fantastic solution as it will help you find relief since it has a way of temporarily absorbing the pressure on pained areas.
In all, the mattress is a good bet for overweight side sleepers as it’s neither too hard nor too soft.
Nevertheless, the product comes with a strong odor like most tightly sealed products, so make sure you give it a sufficient airing-out period.
As a guarantee of its durability, the Olee Sleep 13 Inch Galaxy Hybrid Gel Infused Memory Foam and Pocket Spring Mattress come with a 10-year limited warranty.
- Excellent heat dissipation for cooler nights
- Superb support for all sleepers who want a plush mattress
- Heat-treated coils bounce back and retain shape well
- Very cheap
- 10 year limited warranty
- Might become uneven and creased
- Strong odor when unrolled and unwrapped
- Might not expand fully
- Product 1: Composed of 5 layers includes pocket spring
- Product 1: Memory foam adapt to your body shape and temperature
- Product 1: Gel infused memory foam regulates temperature while conforming to the body to ease pressure points
The Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Green Tea Mattress is one of the budget-friendly mattresses in the market for side sleepers.
It comes compressed like many other rivals on the market, weighing about 75 lbs. That is a little too heavy for one person to get inside the house, so you may need a helping hand for that purpose.
It takes just about 72 hours for the mattress to fully decompress fully and return to its original plush shape, quite unlike other instances that take up to a week.
This best mattress for heavy people might only take longer due to factors like cold weather which can also affect decompression times.
One of the popular concerns of most people is the smell that comes with a mattress but this model feels as good on the nose as it does on the back.
It features green tea and charcoal in its memory foam to keep the mattress from foul odor so it can smell fresh for as long as you use it.
You probably have heard of the “new mattress smell” associated with many bed-in-a-box options which can be terrible but Zinus has got that covered.
Natural green tea is a safe and trustworthy antioxidant that helps the product preserves its freshness for a long period.
It also has a heat retention feature that prevents cases of waking up hot. As soon as you lie down on the mattress, it detects your body temperature and maintains it by dissipating excess heat from the mattress.
Apart from that, the Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Green Tea Mattress is a couples’ foam as it does a great job of isolating motion so you don’t feel your partner’s movements on your side of the bed.
Coming to notions of the firmness of the mattress, this product has a medium type of firmness which is ideal for overweight side sleepers as it hugs your body for all-over pressure relief.
At first, the sinkage might appear too quick but as soon as you sink into the second layer, you will experience a more supportive second transition layer that will help keep your spine aligned.
However, the edge support isn’t very great as the mattress collapses quite a bit when you sit on the edge.
Overall, the Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Green Tea Mattress represents an impressive value even though it has no outstanding qualities.
- 10 years warranty
- Low motion transfer
- Good pressure relief
- Not constructed with very durable materials
- Likely to develop mold
- Product 1: AS COOL AS IT GETS - Settle in to a bed made with our most cooling formula yet, promising perfectly temperature-regulated sleep and a clean feeling night after night, all thanks to our...
- Product 1: PRESSURE-RELIEVING FOAMS - 2 inch ultra-cooling gel and green tea infused memory foam, 3 inches soft comfort foam, and 7 total inches durable high density base support foam; ideal for side...
- Product 1: CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
The Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 12 Inch Mattress is another great choice for overweight side sleepers who want to have a cloud-like sleeping experience but don’t have the fortune to splurge on memory foam.
From the moment you lie down on the bed, you will notice a decent level of sinkage that’s not overbearing in any way but that’s balanced all through the mattress.
This foam conforms to your coziest sleeping positions – flat on your back, rolled up in a ball, spread out like a starfish with your face smooshed in a pillow, and even on your sides.
In other words, it can mold to the natural shape of your body to make for all-over pressure relief, potentially eliminating the feeling of being trapped as often felt by overweight sleepers.
As you sink into the first layer, you will experience the more supportive second transition layer as well as the firmer base that will help keep your body aligned.
Although the Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 12 Inch Mattress Queen is recommended for back sleepers due to the supportive spinal alignment it offers, it’s equally beneficial to side sleepers as it helps relieve pressure points and holds the spine in good alignment.
This version of mattress from Zinus can suit a combination of sleepers, especially people who are heavyweight as the company has established a 500-pound weight limit for the Queen size.
There are other significant features about the bed such as Motion Transfer which helps to dissipate any motion between two people who sleep on the same mattress.
If you’re sharing a mattress with your spouse, you have no cause to worry as the foam can make movements go virtually unnoticed so you both can have an uninterrupted night rest.
There’s also the bounce feature which soaks up a majority of the energy as you move around the bed.
Like other quality mattresses out there, the Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 12 Inch Mattress Queen is CertiPur-US certified for durability, performance, and content.
What this means is that the mattress has little amounts of flame retardants, heavy metals, and certain kinds of chemicals so you don’t have to worry about environmental pollution.
This best mattress for heavy people has a smart shipping technology that allows it to be effectively compressed, rolled, and shipped in a box to your door.
- Provides support whatever position you sleep in
- Price points are significantly below average
- Smart shipping technology
- Few reports of health hazard due to fiberglass
- Can be excessively firm for some
- INSPIRED BY NATURE - Wholesome and natural ingredients, like green tea and moisture-absorbing charcoal work wonders in a mattress! And we’ve designed this one to control odors, maintain freshness,...
- PRESSURE-RELIEVING FOAMS - 2 inches conforming memory foam, 2 inches airflow-enhancing comfort foam, and 4 inches durable, high density base support foam; ideal for stomach sleepers and average-weight...
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
Best Mattress For Heavy People: Amazon Best Sellers
Last Updated on February 8, 2021 by Emmanuel Pery
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.