As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you let your pets roam inside the house, you’re probably no stranger to having multiple air fresheners around the home.
No matter how often you bathe your precious pets, your house still seems to have an unmistakable pet odor, unless you cover it up with fragrance.
More and more people, though, starts to realize that they can eliminate pet odors without covering them up by using the best air purifier for pet odors that are highly available in the market today.
- 1 Best Air Purifier for Pets: Amazon Best Sellers
- 2 My Top 5 Best Air Purifiers for Pets: A Review
- 3 Best Air Purifier For Pets: Buyers Guide
- 4 Best Air Purifier For Pets: Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 Best Air Purifier For Pets: Conclusion
Best Air Purifier for Pets: Amazon Best Sellers
If you’re in a hurry, take a look at these Amazon Best Sellers. Otherwise keep reading!
My Top 5 Best Air Purifiers for Pets: A Review
BlueAir was founded in Sweden with the determination to make some of the world’s best air purifiers.
Now a proud member of the Unilever family of brands, their Pure 411 model offers whisper-quiet operation alongside fantastic energy performance.
The Pure 411 from BlueAir is best suited for small to medium rooms. It can offer clean, odorless air in areas up to 161 square feet.
It features a three-level filtration system, which includes a carbon filter to help eliminate odors, a particle filter to remove allergens from the air, and a washable pre-filter.
The washable pre-filter will catch dust and pet hair first to help extend the other filters’ lives.
The device is an attractive one, designed to sit on the floor of your chosen room, and measures just 16.7 x 8 x 8 inches.
The design can complement your room by matching in with your home decor colors since the washable filter is available in many different colors.
You can choose between a dark blue and a gray option, while other colors can then be purchased separately.
Thanks to its advanced filters, this device offers extremely silent operation, between just 17 and 46dB, depending on which setting you have it on.
It also has been rated “best in class” when it comes to energy consumption, using just 1.5W to 10W.
We had so many reasons to include this product on our list! It’s whisper-quiet, energy-efficient, and looks great.
It’s a shame that you can only use this machine in small rooms since those with larger and open-plan space will definitely need something more powerful.
Also, the particle filter captures 99% of all pollutants, but if you have pet allergies, there are better options, such as those with HEPA filters that can capture 99.97%.
- Available in many colors
- The most energy-efficient model we’ve seen
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Easy, one-button operation
- Three-level filtration
- Not the best option for pet allergies
- Not suitable for larger or more open-plan areas
- Best performing air purifier brand; Unique HEPASilent filtration technology is equal in efficiency to true HEPA, while using less energy and less noise
- Small bedrooms; Filters the air at industry-recommended rate of 5x an hour (every 12 minutes at 185 feet²) to effectively lower and maintain particle levels
- Combination filter; Activated carbon removes odor and gas; HEPASilent filtration technology removes 99.97% of particles, like pollen, dust, and viruses
Coway is a Korean life care company that boasts many awards for its management of labor, water, and carbon over the years.
This specific model is fantastic for larger rooms and named the best air purifier by Wirecutter, a New York Times Company, in 2016 and 2018.
The Coway Mighty Air Purifier is certainly worthy of its name since it provides clean air coverage for rooms up to 361 square feet.
The four-stage filtration system includes a pre-filter to catch pet hair, a True HEPA filter capturing 99.97% of particles, and a deodorization filter.
The fourth stage is a vital ion that produces negative ions, further reducing pet odors or any odor in your home.
It features a really handy pollution sensor that provides information about your air quality, in real-time, on an LED display.
The machine will also let you know when you need to change your filter or wash your pre-filter.
It also has three manual fan speeds, a timer, and auto and eco modes.
On auto mode, the fan can automatically detect which setting it needs to be on, providing you with maximum clean air or saving you energy.
Power consumption is 77W, and the noise level is between a quiet 24.4dB and 53.8dB when running on maximum power.
We love the fact that this air purifier can communicate pollution levels in your home and adjust its settings accordingly.
Plus, when you have pets, getting a reminder to wash the pre-filter is a huge benefit!
The power consumption of this air purifier is quite high, but you expect it from a machine so powerful that it can provide coverage to such large spaces.
- Four-stage filtration system
- Detects and responds to real-time pollution levels
- Efficient timer
- Filter cleaning and replacement reminders
- Covers large spaces
- Award-winning company
- Higher energy consumption
- Most expensive option on our list
- Coway Mighty (AP-1512HH) is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 361 sq.ft (CADR: Dust 246 / Pollen 240 / Smoke 233 cb. ft.).
- 4 Stage Filtration System (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, Vital Ion) captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other...
- Coway Mighty pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. The brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. And it features a...
Hathaspace is another great brand specializing in air wellness products, inspired by their passion for health, functionality, and design.
This Smart Air Purifier is ideal for medium to large spaces and features an unbeatable five-level filtration system.
The five-stage filtration system offered by this air purifier is really fantastic for removing all the pollutants out of your indoor air.
Starting with a cold catalyst filter to collect pet dander, dust, and mold particles, you then have a cellular-activated carbon filter to absorb odors, smoke, and gases.
Third up is an antibacterial filter to collect bacteria and germs, followed by a True HEPA filter, removing 99.97% of allergens from the air.
The final stage of air filtration is an ionizer that releases negatively charged ions into the air, neutralizing and further eliminating odors.
The air purifier is CARB certified, and you can operate the ionizer separately to target stubborn smells, without the need to run the entire unit.
Like the Coway Mighty, it features a smart sensor to detect pollution levels in your home and adjusts the fan speed in real-time.
A colored display flashes red, amber, or green to let you know the quality of the air you breathe at any given time.
You will also receive a remote control, fantastic round-the-clock customer care, and a two-year warranty, offering great peace of mind to the buyer.
We love the smart sensor in this air purifier that tells you the air quality while adjusting the fan speeds accordingly.
We also really love the two-year warranty that comes with this product, making it a really smart investment.
This unit isn’t the most stylish out there and again, because it’s so powerful, it will only suit those looking to purify the air in larger spaces.
- The unrivaled, five-level filtration system
- Offers large room coverage
- Risk-free purchase
- Fantastic 24hr customer service
- Detects pollutants and adjusts fan speeds
- Optional remote control operation
- Too powerful to suit smaller rooms and houses
- Not the most stylish looking device
- Quite expensive
- MEDICAL GRADE H13 HEPA – Better than H11 HEPA, H13 HEPA filters 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns and 99.95% of particles between 0.3 – 0.1 microns. Our 5-in-1 filter system targets pollen,...
- EXTRA-LARGE COVERAGE AREA – Perfect for extra-large rooms, our air purifier replaces 100% of the air in a 1500 sq ft space every hour. With a state-of-the-art fan and motor, enjoy clean air...
- KNOW YOUR AIR QUALITY – A smart particle sensor monitors your air quality, giving you precise measurements and feedback in real-time. A sleek touch-screen display panel reveals your official EPA Air...
Hamilton Beach is a known and trusted American brand that provides a wide range of home appliances.
This air purifier is compact, powerful, and discreet, making it ideal for smaller rooms.
This air purifier features a high-performance HEPA grade filter to capture 99% of particles and allergens in the air.
While it doesn’t have the most complex and thorough filtration system, it does have the only permanent filter system that you can vacuum clean.
It will save you lots of money in the future since you don’t need to replace the filter every six months.
It can provide clean air coverage in rooms up to 140 square feet, and its compact, stylish design makes it an ideal choice for small to medium rooms.
You can stand the device up on one end, or even choose to have it lying on its side, whichever looks or fits best in your home.
The machine has three-speed settings, and the night (low) setting offers a whisper-quiet operation, helping you sleep soundly at night.
For a small amount more, you can also buy the same unit but with two extra carbon filters to help tackle pet odors, as well as a pre-filter to capture dust and pet hair.
We love the fact that the unit is compact and discreet, and you can choose to have it on its side or end to suit you and accommodate the room it’s in.
We also love the fact that you don’t have to replace the HEPA filter since you can just vacuum it!
This machine is small, so it’s not large or powerful enough to use in larger rooms.
- Washable HEPA filter
- Versatile placement
- Compact and powerful
- Whisper-quiet operation on low setting
- Need to pay extra for odor eliminating filters
- Not suitable for larger rooms
- 3 Filtration stages: Permanent true HEPA filter captures dander & airborne particles plus 2 replaceable carbon zeolite filters to target pet odors plus a pre filter for pet hair and larger particles
- High performance true Hepa grade filter: Captures 99.97 percent of pet dander, dust, dust mites, pollen, and Mold/Mildew spores as small as 3 microns from the air
- Reduces odors: 2 Activated carbon zeolite filters help reduce unwanted household odors from pets, smoke, and more
Started as a kitchen brand, Vremi now provides affordable and high-quality products for every room of your home.
This air purifier is one of the most compact offerings we’ve seen for medium to large spaces and features a handy night light.
This air purifier offers powerful three-stage filtration through an ultra-fine pre-filter, True HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter for that all-important odor reduction.
It has a smart, real-time air quality monitor that measures and displays the current air quality in your home using colored lights.
The machine will also indicate when the filter needs changing by flashing a light, which you can also set using its timer.
The unit measures just 15.5 inches in height and 8.7 inches in diameter, with a fantastic 360-degree air intake.
It also has a pleasing, modern design making it perfect for any room in the house.
It is pretty quiet when operating, up to 52dB on high, and has a gentle night lamp that emits a soft glow.
You will also receive a one-year warranty and hassle-free returns service, so you will buy this product with great peace of mind.
We’re a big fan of the smart sensors offered by this air purifier and the compact size of this unit.
It’s unbelievable that it can clean air in such large spaces!
It’s a shame that the warranty is only for one year, but, at least, it has one.
- Three-stage filtration
- Super compact
- Efficient timer
- Smart sensors to test and adjust the airspeed
- Tells you when your filter needs changing
- Risk-free purchase
- Not suitable for smaller rooms
- Warranty is only for one year
- Have A Great Air Day: The Vremi premium air purifier utilizes a True HEPA H13 with 99.97% efficiency to purify the surrounding air in your bedroom, living room, home office, and other medium to large...
- Powerful 3-Stage Filtration: Includes ultra-fine pre-filter, True HEPA filter and activated carbon filter for enhanced odor reduction. Features a long-lasting filter with a whopping 4320 hour run-time...
- Smart Air Quality Monitor and Filter Change Indicator: Features a built-in sensor that measures and displays air quality level (blue, green, orange or red) and automatically adjusts the fan speed...
Best Air Purifier For Pets: Buyers Guide
For you to choose the very best air purifier for pet odors, there are several factors that you should take into consideration.
Here are the main features you should consider to find the perfect device for your home.
To eliminate pet odors specifically, you’ll need to look for an air purifier that features an activated carbon filter.
Unless you have a hairless pet, you should also look for a machine that features a washable pre-filter.
Pet hair is caught before the HEPA filter, helping to preserve the lifespan of this replaceable filter.
You’ll also need to consider what room you’ll be placing the air purifier in and work out how large it is.
Air purifiers are available in all different sizes to suit different sized rooms in your house.
You may want to run your air purifiers a lot, so try to find one that offers efficient energy usage.
Size and Shape
You should also think about where you’re going to place the air purifying unit.
You can put some smaller models on top of a desk or nightstand, but larger units will take up valuable floor space.
If you lack space, look for a slim or tall model to save valuable inches on the floor.
Best Air Purifier For Pets: Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get rid of pet odors in my house?
You can sprinkle baking soda on furniture, carpets, and rugs and leave it overnight to absorb odors before vacuuming it up in the morning.
Baking soda is completely harmless to your pets, while chemical powders may not be.
Do air purifiers get rid of pet odors?
They will help to eliminate odors, especially if they feature carbon filters and ionizers.
How do you get rid of pet dander in the air?
Keep your carpets, furniture, and curtains clean and bathe your pets often.
Also, buy an air purifier to remove pet dander from the air.
Do air purifiers work for pet allergies?
Air purifiers are fantastic for helping with pet allergies since they remove pet dander from the air, massively reducing the amount that you breathe in.
What home remedy gets rid of dog smell?
As mentioned, baking soda is a great way of getting rid of all pet smells from your carpets and upholstery.
An air purifier that features a carbon filter or ionizer will also help to eliminate odors from the air.
Best Air Purifier For Pets: Conclusion
Our overall winner for the best air purifier for pet odors in 2020 is the Pure 411 from BlueAir.
It’s got everything you need to eliminate odors and clean the air in small to medium spaces, and the company offers discounts when you buy more than one unit.
The main reason we chose it, though, was because it’s incredibly quiet and has the best energy efficiency we’ve seen.
Last Updated on February 16, 2021 by Ian Foster
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.